Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 4, 2020

A Man of Action

June 1(Monday)... I got a phone call from oncologist first thing in the morning. He is concerned about my treatment because radiologist is on vacation and won’t be able to treat my liver as planned this week. So change of plans. He doesn’t want me waiting around for two weeks. We need to bump up the colon procedure. He wants it done by the end of the week. 


I am to wait for a call from the Dr. Kardys. Of course, I have not met him so I will need to have a consult with him before scheduling procedure. 


Dr. Drengler is all about action. I have the right man on the job because I want to move forward also. Let’s do this!!!


June 2 (Tuesday)... consult with Dr. Kardys was short and sweet. All is set for surgery to happen Thursday or Friday. Scheduling will call me. 


From the consult I found out that it is not just removing the large polyp. I will also need to remove portion of my colon. A little bigger deal than I originally thought. But once it is gone they can biopsy all of the pieces and determine if there is cancer deep within the polyp or surrounding area.


June 3 (Wednesday)... the call came in from scheduling. The colon surgery is set for Friday as long as they can find an anesthesiologist. 


So we wait and plan knowing that God has this covered. Prayer warriors in action. Let’s see what God has planned for this journey.


June 4 (Thursday). I got the call that the surgery was a go. Anesthesiologist found. Prayers answered. 


Now to start the pre-surgery antibiotics and the second purge in less than a month. I had my last true meal on Tuesday night because i was very nauseous on Wednesday. Also this morning I woke up vomiting. Not a good way to start this purge but i took as a need for rest and mental prep along with the physical prep. 


It was a long day of yuckiness. I was thankful for my friends who continued to bring food because it was the last thing on my mind.



No comments:

Post a Comment