Total Pageviews

Monday, June 15, 2020

Another Trip to the Emergency Room

June 15 (Monday)... I was having a good day. The rash that had been so irritating was finally receding. The incisions are healing. I had a visit with my oncologist to confirm understanding of all the procedures coming up. I had lunch with my Mom before taking an afternoon nap (needed most days).  Then I was surprised by a shooting pain in my side under my rib cage around 5pm. It was like a painful air bubble about the size of a baseball. And all the “remedies” only intensified the pain. 


We debated if I should go to ER. But after five hours with no relief, I felt like I did not have a choice. Michael drove me and we arrived to a full waiting room. 


The decision was to have a CT scan to ensure there were no complications from the surgery. By 3am, results were in and nothing unusual in the scan. Their solution was morphine or be admitted for pain control. I told them I would rather go home and try the Tylenol 4 already prescribed. 


Maybe some are asking why I did not take pain medicine to start. I guess it was because it came on so suddenly and I wanted to make sure I did not have anything wrong. Regardless of the why, the pain is now under control and I am resting in preparation for tomorrow’s procedure. 


One thing the doctor did state was that the comparison of the scan and previous one, the liver tumors have grown. Also the first scan did not show lesions on my bones but this one did. So this tells us once again that this is a more aggressive liver cancer. 


Prayers for the procedure to go well are appreciated. God bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment