Total Pageviews

Friday, June 26, 2020

Side Effects of All Kinds

June 26 (Friday) ... the side effect roller coaster has begun. Nothing too serious yet. 

    Weakness

    Aches in joints 

    Jittery 

    Dry heaves

    Nausea 


This Bible verse started my day:

        "In this you rejoice, although now for a little while you may have to suffer through various trials,             so that the genuineness of your faith, more precious than gold that is perishable even though                  tested by fire, may prove to be for praise, glory, and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.                     Although you have not seen him you love him; even though you do not see him now yet believe             in him, you rejoice with an indescribable and glorious joy."  1 Peter 1:6-8


I had an easy day today. I left early for thyroid biopsy appointment. The clinic was not busy so I was seen quickly. Short procedure that took less than ten minutes from start to finish. 


Then we had time for a bite of lunch before making our way to the colon surgeon. The follow up went quickly as well. Not much to do nut sign off that he completed his goal. Dr. Brandon told me that the next time he saw me would be at a park some day. That sounded like a good way to end our relationship. So, YAY! For one good outcome and happy ending. 


The rest of the day was quite restful. Took a nap. Reminisced with my brother. And enjoyed a nice chat with Lucy in my sun room. She had brought us our meal for the day. Such a blessing after what we thought would be a stressful time. Now I hope we can enjoy a quiet weekend also. 


One other big thing happened today. After homeschooling our children for 22 years, we made the decision to place the two youngest in a local charter school. We began the enrollment process today. What could have been a hard decision was made easy by the outpouring of assistance from the principal of the school. He answered all of my questions and relieved my anxiety. 


And the children are so sweet. They were asking so many questions but mainly wanted to know things like:  When is lunch?  What is a uniform?

No comments:

Post a Comment