Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 21, 2020

A Fun Way to Spend a Saturday

June 20 (Saturday) ... Michael took the crew to the zoo today to allow me time to rest. They had a great time.  Just before they were supposed to leave, I remembered two events I had hoped to attend. So rather than stopping the zoo trip, my sweet momma volunteered to take me to my events. 


One of my favorite things to do is play a game called geocaching. We have events for various reasons throughout the year and visit and discuss the game. Today the first event was to get together to clean a park trail. Although I knew I would not be able to clean the trail, I did want to attend to see some of my friends. It was so great to be there and breathe from fresh air and talk about something other than cancer. After a short time, I felt the need to sit down so some of the cachers joined me at my car so we could talk. 


Then we were off to the second event!  Same group of people but with a different purpose. One of my favorite caching buddies has worked hard to get to the top of the world chart....Numero Uno!!! And I could not pass up the opportunity to celebrate with him!  Although I was not able to walk the trail to get to the event pavilion, the event host was kind enough to pull out the sign and let me take a picture with Richard (Sparky). He was then wise enough to tell me to go home and get some rest. 


I had my great morning time and then went home to rest.  At some point in the later part of the day, my right shoulder began to have pains. This shoulder tends to hurt most day. However, the pain medicine does not seem to be helping now. 


Please pray for some relief. Most likely this pain is caused by pressure on a nerve.  Also without giving too much information...I just want to praise God for helping me with a little situation that was of concern related to next Thursday’s procedure.  I asked for a small prayer to be answered and God in his abundant love gave me this request. He is so good to me.  Now I am ready to fight this beastly cancer without reservations. 


June 21 (Sunday)... no news today. I realized my mistake yesterday evening...I somehow missed a dose of pain meds in the morning. I got back on track and had a great day today. 


Michael was so amazing today. Instead of enjoying a leisurely day of rest, he finished up some projects that will help make things easier for us this week. 


Tomorrow will be my first chemo treatment. I go in around 9am for a counseling session and then start the intravenous chemo. I should be there for 4 hours.  One thing Michael helped me do was set up Bluetooth earbuds. I hope to listen to music and Bible verses.  I am not sure how I will feel but if I am able I will send out an update tomorrow evening.


God bless you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment