Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 25, 2020

Another Round with my Liver Treatments

June 25 (Thursday) ... I had a full day at the hospital today. Covid-19 concerns led to some changes. Michael would not be able to join me in pre-op or recovery. We tried to find a way but once I was in the back I realized way they were so sensitive to visitors. They literally had us sectioned off away from the rest of the hospital in a storage area that was cleared for us to prep and recover. There was no extra space for visitors. 


I arrived early. Tried to find a way to convince them to let Michael to stay. When it was not going to happen, I regrouped and said let’s get this started. The medical crew was the same as last week. They all told me I was looking much better and more energy. That built up my confidence to go it alone. Of course, I know that I am not alone in this. And add to that an excellent medical team, I was ready to go.

 

The space was so tight, we (seven other patients in the area) became a tag team of support too. We were all in it together. 


The procedure went well and all on schedule. Only time will tell if the procedure will take and stop the growth. Prayers of course have been stormed to heaven for good results and I am so thankful!  


Just as I was back in recovery, I got a phone call from the bone radiologist who I met yesterday. Dr. Zubyk had assured me that her only order was to radiate my back bone. Absolutely no other bone would be considered. Now she called and said after consulting with Dr. Drengler, she will be radiating all the bone areas (back, skull, and femur). The only thing holding back this part is approval from insurance. So most likely sometime in the next two weeks. The treatments will be done for ten consecutive days (non weekends). So most likely will coincide with the chemo at times. 


I was released and home again by 4pm. Our good friends (Ken and Mary) delivered our dinner. So amazing the care given to us by friends. Also my oldest brother, Adrian, arrived to see how he could help. So glad to have him here just to talk and help entertain children too. I have some great brothers who are all trying to find ways to help and be a part of this journey. I love them all so much. And those with wives, are right along with them to pray and care. God bless them all.  Now I rest for the evening and enjoy the new curtains put up in my sun room. 


God’s blessings to all!  God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment