Total Pageviews

Monday, June 22, 2020

Learning the Chemo Routine

June 22 (Monday)... I had my first treatment today with no reactions. This is common for first treatment but one never knows. It felt good to get things started at last. 


This first one took about 4-5 hours. Then the next two days will be half the time. Since I had a good experience today, I should have an easy two days following. Then after a couple of days (this weekend?) I might see some side effects such as hair loss, nausea, vomiting, and aches. 


One thing I learned today was that this is just the first round. These 3-day cycles will take place every 3-4 weeks for six full rounds of treatment.  In between these treatments I will have the radiation treatments and more scans of my body. So not a lot of resting going for me these days and months ahead. 


I was glad to have the help today from Nurse Cindy. Also prayers for my chemo partner (God knows her name) who is fighting an aggressive breast cancer. Also special prayers for my “counselor” Wendi...God knows her needs maybe more than she does!   AND extra special prayers for my momma bear who is doing way too much but insists she is not doing anything. Find a way to give her a break and her willingness to take it. God knows I love her and she loves me. We need each other so praise God he placed her in our home for this time in both of our lives!  


A big thanks to Sandy and Cheri for the meal today and extra help too.  Praise God folks for the things you take for granted. Remember God is good all the time!  He is taking us in this path of FAITH...Fabulous adventure in trusting HIM!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment