Total Pageviews

Friday, June 12, 2020

Now for the Liver!!!

June 11 (Thursday)... I was feeling great and glad i waited to see radiologist. My mother was able to go to doctor appointment with me. He was very personable and easy to talk to about my situation. He had the results from the colon biopsy and said it was benign. Good news!  


So he showed the scans from MRI and PET scan so I could see the cancer and size. Amazing what technology provides us!  He decided we were going to try the least aggressive treatment. This known as a dry embolization in which the beads blocking the artery flow into tumors does not have chemo or radiation. 


The procedure would take place the following Wednesday.  No prep just be ready on the day of surgery. I was ready to go!  


A simple consult and drive to and from the clinic wore me out but we had a plan.


June 12 (Friday)...late in the evening, I got a call my radiologist. He wasted no time. He wanted me to know that he had consulted with Dr. Drengler and they changed the plan. The radiologist will now meet with me next Wednesday to have a dry run to internally measure the tumors and see how my body would react to radiation. Then two weeks later I will have the embolization procedure with radiation beads. The plan is to heal from that and then proceed to the second lobe a month later. 


I asked why the change in plans and he told me Dr. Drengler feels that with all the information available I have the rarest form of liver cancer that is fast growing and needs full aggressive treatment to shrink the tumors. 


Wow!  I guess I am once again going full throttle into this phase!

No comments:

Post a Comment