Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Another Doctor and More Visitors

June 24 (Wednesday) ... Day 3 of chemo but first a stop off to have consult with my newest team member, Dr Zubyk, who will be zapping my back bone in the near future.  It was a nice visit and the most peaceful low key spot I have visited in the last two months. We will see how this part unfolds over the next month. 


Then home again so my mom could have a little outside care from her hairdresser. So thankful that my friend Nancy was able to meet me at home to enjoy a few quiet moments before taking me on to my chemo treatment. 


I had some blood showing up in my urine which can be a side effect. I told the nurse right away which caused some delay. But blood was drawn and chemo continued.  Halfway through the chemo my counselor came and tried to say the blood was other issues. It was frustrating and the other chemo patients probably got too much information about my life.  The poor man next to me, who just wanted a quiet session, got to hear it all!  Special prayers for my quiet Aggie class of ‘85 chemo partner. 


The final decision was to continue to watch the situation. Now let’s move on to other changes.  

 

The ultrasound sounds images showed enough that I now need to have biopsy of my thyroid. Wendi says I am a busy lady and when could I fit in a biopsy. Oh by the way, I already have it scheduled for Friday at noon!  Well I have my final follow up from my colon surgery (I have rescheduled this four times!) at 1:30 across town from cancer center. Wendi thinks will all work out!  Ugh!  God Please help me patient with Wendi!!!  


Chemo went well. I made it through round one!  


Met back with Nancy and we decided we had time to sneak over to a new geocache just around the corner from the cancer center. Yes it was safe. Yes I made the find. I was glad to have a my fingers dipped back into my favorite game!  


Then home again to enjoy the yummy meal Nancy brought with her. So wonderful to have it ready in the crock-pot when I got home. 


The older boys had gone to the movies and just arrived home at the same time I arrived. They came to me and said we had company. Surprise!  Two of Michael’s coworkers (and long time friends) arrived to share a gift basket and flowers from all the coworkers!  What a delightful surprise!  I am now set with a nice bag of goodies and miscellaneous books for those boring moments when i need to feel busy!  And the added bonus of a card filled with loving messages of thoughts and prayers!  Very nice!  Also enjoyed our talk about the beauty of life and trusting God. 


Now I rest and prepare for tomorrow’s radiation to my right lobe of my liver. The fight back is real and steady. Prayers for all to go well tomorrow. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment