Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 27, 2020

Service Animals

Woke up early this morning and praising God with music. 

But I thought I would share about my new found service animals of the house. These two are long time pets who seem to have taken it upon themselves to give me comfort. Especially interesting because neither are really “my” pet. 

Scruffy is actually my mom’s cat and lives only on that side of the house. My mom lives in an apartment attached to the front of our house and that is where Scruffy passes her time. 


I am not much of a cat person in my adult life (My brothers are probably laughing because I was all about cats growing up!).  Add to this that Scruffy is a little particular about who she likes will make this even more interesting. 


We are now convinced that Scruffy knew I had cancer as early as six months ago. She would try to come to me and rub against me and I would shoo her away. She would even try to sit up on my lap. I always thought she was trying to get me to leave and i was taking up her space. 


Now that we know about the cancer, she is even more direct. She comes to me and has me pet her on the back. Just gentle strokes as if she knows it will have a calming effect. 


Recently she introduced herself to my oncologist at one of my telemed appointments. She wants to be involved in this experience. 


Then there is our dog, Hank!  He is a 70 pound Australian sheherd who thinks he is a lap dog. He wants to be near me but he is just is just too much dog for me. So he gives me sad looks and tries to stay near by so his presence is known. 


He really is the children’s dog (mainly for our little miss) but he knows that I need special care. He will be there should I need help. 

  

Such sweet gifts of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment