Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 27, 2020

Missed Opportunities

June 27 (Saturday)...  A few months ago, long before the chaos of Corona virus and liver cancer was even a thought, I asked Michael if it would be possible to go to a Chicago concert. One of my favorite bands was on tour and I remembered going to one of their concerts as a teen. So he set it up to drive down to Houston area with tickets close to the stage. We were going to make a weekend trip of it for just the two of us. This doesn’t happen very often so it would be a nice event. 


Then the corona virus hit and the concert date was changed. No problem we thought. Then the liver cancer became an issue. But all along I kept holding out that everything was going to work out for us to go. 


I know...pretty silly but I just thought it could happen. Then the last week just brought the whammy of procedures and appointments. Add to that the uptick of the virus numbers. We knew the best place for us was home. 


So we listened to Chicago hits throughout the day.

 

AND...I was able to do something much more productive. I went to the confirmation Mass this morning and passed out gifts. So glad I was ,able to share that moment with these inspiring teens!  Come Holy Spirit Come!!!


To end the night, I fall asleep (i hope) to: You're My Inspiration by Chicago.  A lovely lullaby!

No comments:

Post a Comment