Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 20, 2020

Why Do I Write These Updates?

June 20 (Saturday)...  So I wanted to say something about my little updates. I started these for two reasons. First to make it as easy as possible to get information to my family and friends about my cancer. Second to have a journal for myself of how I deal with what is happening to me. 

I have loved writing for a long time. Although my elementary school teachers (Susan Loffer for one) probably remembers when I did not want to fill a page to complete a writing assignment. Writing allows me a way to digest the details floating around and make sense of them. Sometimes my posts will be a little long or go off track. 


So, when I am writing these updates it is fresh and raw thoughts put out there for all to read. 


I have heard that I am putting up a good front. Showing a brave image. Trying to act as if I can deal with anything. But the truth is...this is as real as it gets.  Anyone who knows me...knows that I don’t sugarcoat things. I tell it like it is. Sometimes to a fault. 


Through the last two months, I have never felt scared or worried. I am not angry or weepy. I truly believe God has surrounded me with what I need to deal with this. He has given me the grace to be uplifted. 


I try to tell the whole story minus the yucky bodily function stuff. After all, even I know one can give too much information. I doubt you want to hear that I got excited about having a bowel movement after my colonoscopy. And who of you wants to hear about feminine issues? Nope. You won’t see that in my updates. I will save that stuff for my medical journal I have going. 


So be assured...if you read it here then I am OK if I say I am OK. And if I am not then I will do the best to express that too. 


This weekend I will be praising God and enjoying the quiet that only a house full of children can give. I am going to thank God for the days that are boring because that seems to be a good thing. I hope you have a great weekend too!  God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment