Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Praising God in the Little Things

June 30 (Tuesday)...time for my first praise report from the oncologist. I met with Dr. Drengler today and he was all smiles. He said I looked so much better than when he first met me two months ago. I guess I did not realize how bad I really was then. 


He was pleased with all reports from blood work. I am a little anemic but this might be because of the chemo treatments. I told him it also might be from my diet change after the colon surgery. If everyone was OK with me going back to my regular diet, I felt I could get that back on track quickly. After all, even when I was full vegetarian my iron count was always off the charts!  He agreed I should be back to “normal” diet but he would also be watching the lab work. 


As for the cancer, he believes that we are on the right track and will proceed as planned. 


I am still waiting for insurance approvals for direct radiation to my bones. The only complaint of the office visit was this set back. He really wanted this started. I hope to start next week. I know he is trying to make this all work and I am thankful. 


The next stop on this ride is another round of chemo in two weeks. We also discussed the pain management and how to slow down the use. I am hoping to drop one dose tomorrow and see how the pain feels. This is so important to me. 


So for now, we praise God for his goodness. I rest and try to build up my strength again.  Baby steps along this path. But following the path is good right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment