Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 2, 2020

Preparing for the First Radioactive Zap!

July 2 (Thursday) ... so I laid upon a slab of cold metal today all humility set aside and got to think about how glad i am to be alive with a great team of medical staff to help me through the new experiences. 


No one told me I was going to have to lie there completely naked. It was not a bad experience just humbling to think that I have now been marked as a cancer patient with tattoos to show where the radiation will need to be sent into my bones. The marks are small little dots and only i will know they are there but the marks are there nonetheless.  I really have no emotional misgivings regarding them. It is just a strange surreal thought as if it is not really happening to me. And yet it is. 


The only concern I had with the markings turned out to not be an issue. I arrived for the scan and I was told i would start by having a molded mask made of my face. No tattoos on my temple. Thank goodness!  I will consider the mask my spa treatments for this month. I got my facial done with ease. The markings were placed on the mask which i will now wear when radiation is done to that area. 


The back and femur were completed quickly as well. I was finished with scan in less than an hour. I am told to expect a similar experience every time i have the radiation done.  Minus the tattoo job. 


The radiologist will need to analyze today’s scan. This usually takes a week. So i will likely start treatments as early as next Thursday. I will have this treatment ten consecutive days (not weekends). The treatment is a lot like having a CT scan and no real side effects. There might be radiation burn so prayers that does not happen. 


So that’s the only real update. I continue to rest and enjoy this little break. I have been blessed with only minimal issues like night sweats and fatigue. I am doing well with less pain medicine. I enjoy a morning stroll each day to build up my stamina again. 


Keep up the prayers!  I love all my prayer warriors and my meal providers!  God bless you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment