Total Pageviews

Friday, July 3, 2020

Coping with the Changes

July 3 (Friday) ... I am not even sure why but it was a rough day. I woke up with what felt like a knot in my back. Any pressure on it was uncomfortable.  I thought it would just be an annoyance. And I even enjoyed (from my sun room) watching a sweet man who volunteered to trim our massive mesquite tree.  But the discomfort grew more intense throughout the morning. It seemed to put me in a tailspin. 


Add to this discomfort, I was feeling little twinges throughout my abdominal region. And my blood felt like it was thick going through my veins.  All of this was just frustrating more than painful. In the end I just felt out of sorts. 


So by noon, I just asked the children and some family who came to visit that I needed to be left alone. I could not handle anyone. 


I hate that I had no control. But then once the discomfort was under control, I realized that I cannot always have control. I did the right thing in just knowing that i needed to be alone. I hope my children and family know that it was just a passing side effect. This too shall pass. 


The struggle is real. But there is an answer. Prayer and meditation. Being still in the Lord. Letting go of all sensibility and bodily feelings. Not stressing. Not letting others stress me. 


God is good. I will see what tomorrow brings. A new day is all we can ask for along this path we call life.

No comments:

Post a Comment