Total Pageviews

Monday, July 20, 2020

My Children Mean So Much

Today was a special day for me. Due to a situation, I was reminded how much I love my children. How I will do anything for them to make their lives easier but also let them stumble a little to see them grow. Watch out when Momma Bear comes out to defend her cubs!  


All my children have really stepped up to be more helpful during this time. I cannot be more proud of them. 


Amanda, I hope you know how much I love you. In spite of the distance and not always talking to each other like I had hoped, you are my one who is loved. I hope you will come visit us when you are able. 


Christina, God brought you into our lives late in life but you are counted as one of my own. I cannot imagine you and your smile not being in our lives. You are a joy to know and watch grow as a young mother and wife.


Sean, your joy of life is contagious. I have always admired your ability to love everyone you meet and see them as friends. You are so intelligent and in spite of every stumbling block you find a way to show the world how much you know. 


Henry, your quiet presence and thoughtful understanding of the world is something I envy. You always think before you speak and have the patience of Job around your more exuberant siblings. You are also an amazing artist!  I know God has amazing plans for your gifts!


Edward, my tornado, who can zoom into a room with such energy and force, can take my breath away!  May you use this energy for good as you grow closer to adulthood. 


Brendan, the quiet one with such heart for all you meet. Your compassion is so touching to see. I cannot thank you enough for your strong hugs. I know you are listening to all the adult talk around you and processing it on your own. I am so glad you come to me when you need assurance that all will be OK. 


Zaira, my youngest but the one most full of fire!  You are feisty yet loving, energetic yet calm, showy yet reserved. Today you came and rubbed my head and said you were OK with me not having hair. I know that was a tough hurdle for you. 


May God grant you all the ability to grow as we live through this time in our lives. I pray this situation will make you stronger and more understanding of others who are ill. 


Every one asks how the children are dealing with my cancer. I think they are doing an excellent job of understanding the idea and how this changes our lives. I am blessed to have such a great crew to support me.

No comments:

Post a Comment