Total Pageviews

Monday, July 6, 2020

Expectations

 Expectations...we all have them. We think about what the new year will be like. What the day will bring. The idea of what dinner will be and how much you look forward to a favorite planned. A visit with a friend or family member. 

I have often said that I live two lives...the life of expectations and the real life that happens. 


When we started 2020...we were looking forward to a European trip this summer. We talked about other smaller trips too. Then quickly plans changed due to the virus so we set new expectations. Then I found out I had this bugger cancer and expectations changed again. 


Now I feel like every day expectations are set and changed from moment to moment. 


Maybe my personality causes me to set my expectations too high. I need to learn to be more careful in what I expect. So my bar is set lower so I am happy to just have a day without pain. Or a day when I can take a short walk down my block. Most important I need to just be thankful for what the day brings to my experience whether it is good or bad. 


Every day has a silver lining we just have to find it and relax and enjoy it. It all comes back to praising God for me!  But remembering this at the beginning of the day sure makes it easier to find a way to enjoy the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment