Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 28, 2020

And the Results are In!

May 28 (Thursday)...all tests and procedures complete. Now for another visit with my oncologist. I knew he would have all the results and put it all together in one big package for me to understand. 


He told me that the PET scan results came back the previous Saturday and the radiologist called on his day off to discuss my case. My body lit up with the cancer in my liver but then surprised him when it also lit up in my bones. We now know that the cancer has spread to my skull and right femur. I would later find out that a possible spot on my back  also. All of these spots are small at this time and I will need radiation.  This was unexpected and verifies that I have stage 4 cancer. However, our primary concern remains the liver tumors and the large polyp in my colon. 


The plan is to treat the liver with a method called embolization (glass beads placed in the arteries feeding the liver tumors to help shrink). This would take two procedures going from one lobe to the next. This process would include chemo or radiation to be determined by the radiologist. Then I would have the colon polyp removed and biopsied. Once these procedures were complete we would complete radiation to the cancer in bone. Then reevaluate the situation. This would like take most of the summer.

 

When he finished his evaluation, he asked if I had questions. My response was to know when we could get started. That was all he needed to hear to set everything in motion. He would call me back after scheduling the first procedure.


No comments:

Post a Comment