Total Pageviews

Monday, May 4, 2020

The Test of Patience

May 4 (Monday)... in the grand scheme of things ten days is not a long time but even my oncologist had hoped this first test would happen earlier. I just looked at it as a time to gather my prayer warriors. Also get used to the idea that i was now going to spend more time in a doctor’s office than any other time in my life (other than routine prenatal care). 


Now the day had come for my biopsy. Maybe those liver masses would be benign. This is what we wanted to find out. 


I arrived early for a full panel of blood work. I had never seen so many vials for me to fill with my precious blood!  But i got it done. Then off to the biopsy procedure. 


I was told that after the procedure it would feel like I had done a crunch work out. He lied!  Wow!  That was painful!  I did not even know how painful until I was back home and the pain meds wore off. I could barely move it hurt so much. That pain lasted three days. But I got through it. Lots of talking to God during that time. 


My crew were so good. They let me rest. All of this time (from the initial nausea in April) I woke up each morning feeling nausea. The crew took over all chores so they knew the routine well. School continued also and it was quickly going to come to an end thanks to their diligence. 


The biopsy results came in by the end of the week and definitely cancer. Up until this point, I kept it low key with the children. Also did not talk much about it with my college student. He had finals to worry about. 


By this time, all were ready to hear the full news and what was to come. Everyone was home except the two oldest girls. I got one on the phone and the other I prayed would find out some way. 


They all took it well. We prayed for the doctors and that was the extent of the results revealed. I think the crew just fed off the peaceful message I gave them. That is how I wanted it to be. Have faith and see what is to come. It is still early and much to discover.

No comments:

Post a Comment