Total Pageviews

Friday, April 24, 2020

The First Time I Realized God was with Me on this Ride

 April 24 (Friday)... I was sent in alone again (I actually drove myself to this appointment) but was met by a friendly cowboy with bandanna and all. He greeted me with a Howdy and God bless you!  I told him it was a serious place if he could get away with blessing people as they entered the building. He told me that if people did not like it, then they would need to tell him to his face (pulling down his bandanna for emphasis). He made me laugh as he checked my temperature. I have never seen this man since that first day. 


I proceeded to the appointment to have lab work done and then a visit with  Dr. Drengler. I was told I could have someone on the phone to listen and ask questions, so I asked a good friend who knew about cancer join me. We were prepared for a doctor speaking above our knowledge base and needed someone to help us weed through it all. Angie Artho was so kind to be that person. I so appreciate her giving her time that day. 


However, it turns out  Dr. Drengler knew how to talk on our level. Gave us the information we needed. Checked my organs externally. Told me that he knew he needed to see me right away because I appeared to have a rare liver cancer. We would need to to do some follow up testing to verify what he suspected. He was great!  He had a plan of action right from the start. I felt comfortable talking to him. A great start to begin the battle at hand.


I knew then that God was directing this roller coaster ride and I would ride it out until the end.  God would have a good ending for this story, which ever direction I was taken. 

No comments:

Post a Comment