Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 19, 2020

How Will We Move Forward?

 April 19 (Sunday) I spoke to my mom because she woke up before the others. She knew it was serious right away and wanted to know what I was going to do. 


Let me say...I am not against medicine. Some people think I am because I have the view that if I am not sick then there is no reason to go to doctor. I do regular female checks (but I was behind on these also) and if I knew of any medicinal check point I would have done them but had not reached any of those points yet. The last doctor visit was in 2014 because I suspect I had a thyroid issue. I was told then I was just having the old “female” issues and no concerns to worry about. The PA offered me diet pills and I refused. Started exercising more and eating healthier. We were already healthy eaters with only a few occasions eating out and rarely eating processed foods. My decision was to limit my portion sizes and take more hikes. It seemed to help so all was back on track. 


Jump forward back to what my plan would be now. I told my mom I was still considered a patient so I would call for follow up with this same doctor and have a referral to oncologist. No big deal. 


I woke up the children later in the morning so we could follow our Mass of choice and then sat them down and told them what I knew which was very little. I even showed them a diagram of the abdominal organs. My lovely teen commented that everything did not need to be a science lesson. We laughed and everyone went about their day. All was well.

No comments:

Post a Comment