Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

I Need to Stop Making Assumptions

 April 22 (Wednesday). I wanted to meet with a priest so I made an appointment with the secretary and got in right away. I was a little leery but knew it was the right choice to visit the priest who I worked for even though we did not part on the best of terms. He is still an amazing priest and I wanted his prayers and experience. 


I guess I need to stop making assumptions. I assumed the secretary would tell the priest why I wanted to visit with him. Looking back now I think he might have got the impression I wanted my job back. I had not spoken to him in three months. I also started our conversation with a talk about how I know that God’s plan is not the same as ours. Everything happens for a reason. 


When I realized he had know idea what I was trying to say, it dawned on me that he really had no idea why I was there. So I told him straight out that I most likely had some form of cancer and I wanted him to pray for me. He was quite surprised and said he was shocked. I told him we were all shocked but this was the path I was on now. 


We spoke for quite some time about God’s will and prayer. He promised to pray a St. Jude novena for me. We left each other with little fanfare. No welcoming me back to the parish. No anointing. I felt a little let down but satisfied that God is bigger than us all. I was still being taken care of regardless.


Later in the day I was called by the oncologist liaison. She took my general information and insurance. She verified that all the reports were turned in for her to review from the ER and primary doctor. She then told me she would present my case to the oncologist. If he chose to take my case an appointment would be made with him. 


That was probably the only time I felt a little stressed. Can doctors refuse to provide care?  Would there be enough information provided for him to make this choice?


In the end, I gave this over to God. Prayed the right doctor would be there for me. My God did not fail me!  He is so good!  I was at peace again. 


The next afternoon the liaison called and  Dr. Dr was now my oncologist and he wanted to see me as soon as possible. 


 Praise God!!

No comments:

Post a Comment