Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 21, 2020

A Trip of Confusion at the Doctor's Office

 April 21 (Tuesday). I got an appointment to be seen for a referral. I think the messages got mixed up in translation and I was viewed as a new patient coming in for a initial consultation. I think that is a little strange because who would do that in the middle of a pandemic but that is how they were treating me. I was so clueless though because I assumed it was just their routine since i had not been seen in six years. I assumed once I got to the doctor (actually saw a PA) then we would discuss the ER visit. 


I was a little surprised when he began asking me about routine testing and did not seemed concerned about the matter at hand. It was almost comical when he asked what brought me to the office and i told him about the ER visit. He had an assistant typing notes beside him. He stood up and starting backing out the door and said he would be right back. He grabbed his assistant on the way out. I wish I had a video because you could tell he was thrown off guard and did not know what to say to this calm woman telling him she had large liver masses who just wanted an oncologist referral. 


He came back in a few minutes later and said an oncologist would be calling me within 24 hours and I still should consider following up with these other routine checks. 


So that was my primary doctor appointment. Short and sweet and I obtained what I really needed. So I guess it was a positive experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment