Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Uh OH!!! Something is Not Right!

 October 7 (Wednesday)...  

I got a phone call from my surgeon’s office today to follow up with surgery. When I told his nurse that i had a severe burn on my back from something done during surgery she apologized for the pain. She listened to my concern and told me to try to make myself comfortable. 


I thought that would be the last I heard from them until my follow up appointment in a month. So I was surprised to have a second phone call within just a few minutes. The nurse said she spoke with Dr. Jude and he wanted her to apologize further because they had not followed my chart that stated I had an allergy to adhesives. When he was told of my painful rash, he knew right away that it was the idoban placed on my back during surgery. He just did not think this would be a problem. 


Even though they went against my orders and used this adhesive, I do appreciate the apology and follow up. We then discussed options for care and chose to use what I consider the best overall rash treatment. It is a lotion my mother learned about many years ago while working at a nursing home. The relief was practically instantaneous. By the end of the day, the rash began to fade and the pain was gone. I just have to keep it off the incision areas. 



Thanks for the added prayers during recovery. 

God’s blessings to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment