Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 22, 2020

A Reason for Everything!

 October 22 (Thursday)...

I cannot help but laugh. My mom and I were driving home from my radiation appointment. I was telling her how the week was actually working out well for us. I was glad to only have two more treatments of radiation. She was thinking about how we should have a light meal so she could rest for the evening before her procedure. All was going to be great because Michael was going to be able to take the crew early in the morning for their camping trip. 

Remember how I wrote a couple of weeks ago about we should not rely on our plans?

Well, once again our plans have changed. Just like that...one phone call! 

 

My mom was called and told her procedure was delayed due to an emergency surgery for another patient. 


My mom and I just had to laugh!  We know there is a reason for everything but we thought we had it all figured out again. We were wrong again!  Haha


Then we both said the same thing...mom must not be too bad if another patient needs the surgery more than she does!  So she is prepared to wait another two weeks for the surgery. It is a good thing we are flexible. The nurse who called to reschedule thanked my mom for not being upset because she has had other patients become very angry. My mom said getting upset would not be good for her heart, so she is going to patiently wait the two weeks. 


There is a reason for everything!  


So Michael will enjoy this weekend with the crew out camping. My mom and I will enjoy a quiet weekend at home. 


God is good all the time!  Praise be to God!!


COMMENTS

Susan Loffer

Sometimes the God of Peace gives us an extra dose. Have a sweet weekend and get some rest.


Irene White

That’s awesome! A quiet weekend with your mom is great, too!



No comments:

Post a Comment