Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 4, 2020

God is Taking Care of Us

October 4 (Sunday)...

After a weekend to digest all the changes that came about on Friday, I feel so blessed. I have had so many of you letting me know you are praying for me. I have even been told about special prayer intentions at Mass in several churches. 


I had a good weekend that was quite busy. On Saturday, I completed my retreat for the second week. I also went to a park event. Then the crew helped unload a large truckload of pumpkins for a church. Then home again in time for dinner. 


On Sunday, we went to Mass. With the Gospel reading on my mind the rest of the day:

”Brothers and sisters: Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.”


I thought about why we ask others to pray for us. I think sometimes it is easier for those not directly involved in a situation to see what is really needed. I think sometimes just being in the middle of all the rush of a situation can cloud the thoughts of the one who needs prayers. I am so glad for all of you pray with more clarity. 


Then at the end of the day, I think God wanted to make sure I got the message. Our devotion for our evening family prayer began with this verse and message:

“Cast all your worries upon God because he cares for you.”  (1 Peter 5:7)


“Anxiety focuses our attention on ourselves. Saint Paul proposes that we drive it out by turning to God in prayer “in all things.” Then we will be ruled by the peace that frees us to bear good fruit through love for God and our neighbor.”


So I end my weekend with peace in knowing that God is taking care of us. 


I have to be up early tomorrow to make it to the hospital at 0430. My surgery should begin at 0600. If all goes well, I will be home by noon. 


I will be sure to let you all know the outcome as soon as I can tomorrow afternoon.  God bless you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment