Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 18, 2020

Lots of Doctor Visits


October 18 (Sunday)... a full weekend celebrating our Tornado Teen on his birthday. We had our College Guy home too so we packed in lots of fun and food...oh how full we are of delicious food!  


Of course, that means I probably over did it this weekend too. I finally gave in and took some pain medicine late this morning. Once the celebration was ended, I went back to resting in my chair with a view. 


I finally have my fall decorations on display too. I only decorate the outside of the house for Autumn, Advent/Christmas and 4th of July. So I am glad we could get my pumpkin patch set up on the front porch. 


This week is going to be a full one. We have doctor appointments, schooling and preparing the crew for another camping trip (i will skip this one). 


I got word from the radiologist office late Friday afternoon. I will have six days of radiation starting tomorrow (October 19). This will be to treat the lesions on my neck and hip. 


Also, my mom has her angioplasty on Friday. Tomorrow she will need to be COVID tested to be cleared for the procedure. 


I get tired easily right now in the chemo cycle, so I drift off to sleep even while typing ax message. I hope this next week I will be back on track so we can get everything done. 


Thanks for all your continued prayers. God bless you all.


Once again, Fr. Martin seemed to fit well with my early morning reflections.

These are my motes from his Sunday homily:

Whose image and seal is marking us? Looking at the coins of today would be the same issue as it was in the time of Jesus. But the image on the coin is not important at all. Jesus comes to remind us that we are made in the image of God. We are sealed by the Holy Spirit and we are owned by God. At the end of our time on earth, will we have that seal that God has placed on our soul? If the answer is yes, then we will be able to pay to God what is God's for our entry into the kingdom. Instead of arguing with the two groups, Jesus offered a message that would save all of them. We are given the same choice to accept the message today.


COMMENTS

Linda Izaguirre

This is so beautiful. When I felt so close I received comfort. When I was able to receive Jesus at the hospital after weeks of not having his body. I cried unstoppable and felt such a joy. ❤🙏 Thank you always writing your journey. Sending you the biggest hug.

RESPONSE

Linda Izaguirre as much as I do feel the same way about how close i feel to God. I really did not write this about my journey so much as the many ways people take these trying times of pandemic and unrest to discuss the end of the world. I told my mom and Michael about this post because I worried they would think I was having thoughts specifically on my own end of life. While i do prepare for my end as suggested in the post, I don’t think God is calling me home just yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment