Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 20, 2020

I am Not Dying Yet!

So...the other day I posted about the end of times and how we do not know the day or the hour.  I talked about how we would better serve our time on earth by sharing the love of Christ to others.  I think some of my family and friends thought I was focused on my end of time on this earth. 


Not so!!!!


Any way...I realized that maybe I should explain a little about the way the Church rotates around a liturgical year on a three-year cycle (for Sunday worship) as well as a one-year cycle (for daily worship or reflection).   The Church cycle of the readings is a lot like the circle of life.  The start of the liturgical year begins on the first Sunday of Advent (4 weeks before Christmas).  The beginning of the year focuses on the hope of the Savior, and leads up to the birth of Jesus (our Savior).  The year continues with the ups and downs of life through the readings of both the Chosen People of Israel and the early Church under the New Covenant.  The year ends (around this time of year) with readings related to the second coming of Christ and the end times.  In these readings of the end of the cycle there is also reflection on our purpose in life and how we need to prepare for our end of life.  


ALL OF THAT...to say...it makes sense that my thoughts, as I reflect on the readings of daily worship, should relate to my reflection on my purpose of life.  The Church set up this continuous cycle for us EVERY YEAR!!!!  I actually go through this reflective cycle EVERY YEAR!!!  I just don't always post it to the world to read my thoughts!  


I hope my musings do not cause everyone to think I am ready to give up on life.  In reality, it is just the opposite...I think God has a little more for me to do in this world.  My mission of living my faith and sharing God's love is still very much a part of my life.  


So, I continue to share and if others gain from the experience...then I am thankful to be a small part of God's plan to share with others.  And if no one reads my posts...I am OK with that also.  


And a little bonus from someone else...maybe they explain it better than I do...Dr. Gray Daily


COMMENTS


No comments:

Post a Comment