Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 13, 2020

All We need is Love...and Shampoo!

 October 13 (Tuesday) ....

After my all-nighter yesterday...today?... I was glad for the low key morning. 


My mom and I went to Mass, but left quickly to make it to back to have children set up for a school day. Also checked on our Hankie who continues to smell terrible. There has to be an easier way to de-skunk a dog. He is miserable. 


Arrived at center in time to follow up on some advice given by friend. Pharmacist was very thoughtful about my situation with skin side effects. He had seen this before and promised to review my case and discuss with my doctor.  So maybe we can find a solution. 


Arrived and quickly got started with chemo. I decided it was a nap day. It was nice to kick back and sleep for a bit. I woke up with 5 minutes left of treatment. 


My good friend, Sandy Farnham, offered to pick me up today. It was a nice ride home and when i mentioned the skunked dog, she had a solution. With a quick reroute we were picking up her dog shampoo that worked for her dog. 


Arrived home early in the afternoon so had time to work with Tornado Teen on a book we are enjoying together for school.  If you have not read The Divine Comedy as an adult, find a good translation and give it another try. We are reading John Ciardi’s translation and it is quite thorough. 


Sandy also provided the meal for a long distance friend who wants to share in the gift of meal giving. A thank you to Debbie Parker via Sandy. We were also surprised by a gift from Sandy’s pastor of two angels that are so beautiful. We loved the meal and the kindnesses all around. 


A quiet evening once we gave Hank another scrub down and then another. He still smells bad but getting better. Another night in the kennel for our doggie!  😞


Family prayers and bedtime at a reasonable hour for all!  One more day of chemo this week. 


Thanks for the prayers from all. God bless!  


COMMENTS

Debbie Parker

Glad you enjoyed the meal and special kudos to Sandy for helping me make it work.

Sandy Farnham

Debbie, thank for helping and allowing me to be your hands and feet behind the scenes


Darlene Belanger

Just finished reading The Great Divorce, very good.






No comments:

Post a Comment