Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 6, 2020

October 6 (Tuesday)...  just a short update today. 

I think the second day after a procedure is the worst. I just spent the day close to the sun room view. However, early this morning I began to feel like my back was on fire. When I asked my mom to take a look, we were surprised to find that I had broke out in a sunburn like rash across my entire back. After closer examination we have determined, I can add one more thing to my list of allergies...the pre-op skin sanitizer. I am not sure what this is called but possibly hepi-cleanse or betadine. The worst part is that I was told not to shower until Wednesday evening to avoid infection. So I am stuck with this on my back until then. 


Once again my actual surgery was successful and although I am in a small amount of pain from the surgery, my back and incisions seem to be healing well. 


We were blessed with a simple meal from our friend, Lucy. She is always so thoughtful in her food choices. It was a relief to not worry about how to put together a meal today. 


I turn to the closing prayer from our evening devotional and take comfort that this to shall pass:

”May the God of peace himself make us perfect in holiness. May he preserve us whole and entire, spirit, soul, and body, irreproachable at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.”  

Amen. (1 Thessalonians 5:23)

No comments:

Post a Comment