Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 1, 2020

Praising God for Worship

 August 1 (Saturday)... a new month and already a big change. I have been waiting for this to happen for almost 18 months and I felt like I was somewhat abandoned in my desire for it to happen. However, as I continue to learn, everything happens in God’s timing. I feel that our finally connecting with the priest for the new parish yesterday was such a blessing. 


We have struggled for the last seven months with what to do about Mass which is so important to me. My mom and I have continued online video version in order to keep ourselves away from various germs (not just this crazy virus). Michael continued taking the rest of the crew to Mass in person when available keeping their social distance. My mom and I truly miss receiving the Eucharist and no matter how we tried it just did not seem to be possible. 


When I spoke to Fr. Martin, I learned that in order to have Mass available in a pandemic he was going to use the old style circuit method. He wanted to go from home to home meeting the families interested in joining the parish. He would have this on Saturday evening vigil Mass to be the televised weekend Mass. I was happy to offer our home and he quickly agreed for tonight!  We could not have been more excited for this opportunity to celebrate Jesus in this special way. 


We also learned that the future location of our church building needed a little clean up. Fr. Martin would like to have daily Mass on location under the trees but there was a lot of undergrowth to remove. We joined a group of 20 this morning to make this happen. I became the designated photographer and safety person for the group. It was such a joy to be a part of the group and see the property up close. We began and ended with prayer in thanksgiving. 


Of course, we were all worn out but no time to rest. We came home to do some clean up as well. Strategically planned a dinner to share. Then we enjoyed a quiet afternoon of much needed rest. 


Fr. Martin arrived with our videographer for the Mass. We had time to chat as they set up. One item my mom was able to share for the Mass was a set of candlesticks and crucifix that was made by my great-grandfather. These items were used when they were settling in Post, Texas (one of the first families). There was not a local Catholic church so a priest rode the circuit from home to home in the area. We felt these pieces were so fitting for the occasion. 


Mass was more blessing than I could ever imagine. I continue to just be filled with such joy and feel like God knows my desires even more than I do. He shares his love for me in new and amazing ways. And Fr. Martin even offered to make our home a regular stop on his circuit.  Praise God! 

 



We then enjoyed a nice meal together. We stayed at the table long after the meal in conversation and getting to know each other. Toward the end of the conversation, Fr. Martin mentioned that he would offer to bless our home if it had not been done!  Finally...another desire met by this gracious pastor!  


By the end of the evening, we were exhausted and we probably had the best night’s rest. So glad to have such a joy-filled day. And also that I was able to have the energy level needed to make it to the end of the day. 


Many praises for the day. God bless to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment