Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 18, 2020

My Port of Access

August 18 (Tuesday). ... I had my port placed yesterday afternoon. The procedure went well. I was under a conscious sedation but I remembered nothing after the cocktail of sedatives was administered. I started my normal uplifting of prayers for all those in need. Then I woke up knowing the procedure was complete. 


So now I truly will be resting for the remainder of the week. I write this at 5am the next morning and I feel like I was in a train wreck. 


For anyone who believes the sci-fi flicks where a sensor is placed under your skin unaware...I will never believe that possible ever again!  It hurts too much to not know that it is there. 


But I was told this was going to happen. I knew I would have a little pain the first few days. I will get past this too. And after yesterday, trying to find a vein to poke, i know it was the right choice in the long run. 


Hopefully, I will be ready to go in time for chemo next Monday. 


Thanks for the continued prayers for myself and my mom. God bless all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment