Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Brave (or Crazy) Enough for a Shave

August 19 (Wednesday)...  I continue to heal from the port placement. I am so thankful the port was placed on my right side.  I am left handed and I would not have been able to function had the port been placed on the left side. It was actually a last minute question before my sedation, so I feel like this was another little blessing from God to make things easier for me. 


My mom finally had a follow up from her tests of last week. The PA assigned to her decided she needs to be referred to a cardiologist for further review. So this was arranged for her next Wednesday. She continues to have shortness of breath so please continue prayers for her. 


I will end on a funny note because sometimes that is what keeps us going strong. 


My hair has started to come back slowly, but I decided to keep it shaved until my chemo is complete. Not wanting to bother my hairdresser, I decided to let Michael have a try at my head. I wish I had videoed the ordeal. We were laughing so hard I was afraid to let him continue. At one point, I asked if he was using the clippers systematically and he said he was doing it like he always did. He told me never would he have thought he would be shaving my head. But true love knows no bounds and he got it done to my liking. 


As I sit here typing I remembered something that I thought was ironic. Back in Junior High, we had 8th grade graduation and in preparing for this we wrote predictions for the future. At the time, i had long hair with no bangs (I never had the poofy hair look that was fashionable at the time.). Someone thought to predict that one day I would have a shaved head. I guess that prediction came true.  I will have to find that paper. I wonder how many other predictions came true. 



Thanks for your prayers. May God bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment