Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Helping Others

August 5 (Wednesday)... chemo treatment ended better than it began...and so I made it through my third round with little worse than a skin rash. Not bad considering what I see others going through on any given day I am there at the center. 


I praise God for helping me through it. And pray for those who I can as I hear their stories. Today I sat next to a first timer. She had just gone through this with her mother two years previous so now the roles have reversed. She also works for a local school as a counselor and she sees the need to have children back in school so she can help them. She is also determined to help the teachers to have success. God bless her as she continues to nurture while she needs the nurturing. 


Another big praise for my nurses who made me comfortable and watched me close. I made it through the last stick of this round with only a slight hiccup and then smooth sailing. Then the slight rash on my arm in the last 30 minutes of treatment. 


I had a date for the port to be installed for next week but I am going to postpone for a week because I have some special guests coming next week. Nurse Sweetie explained I might be a little sore after port is in place and I don’t want that next week. I don’t have another treatment until the end of the month so I think a week delay will be OK. 


We happened upon our dinner for the evening while waiting for Little Miss at tutoring. It worked out nice for Sandy and Cheri to call at just the right time to deliver our meal so they only had to drive around the block instead of all the way out to our house. They created the most amazing salad bar for us!  And the leftovers are also going to help us with a family tradition for tomorrow. A big thank you to them!  


Spent the evening on my roller coaster steroid ride before crashing into a hard sleep. I am now up just long enough to write this post before hopefully going back to sleep. 


God bless to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment