Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 26, 2020

More Scans and Taking Care of Mom

August 26 (Wednesday) ... I made it through round four of chemo treatments with Nurse Cindy. She is so amazing and glad I was able to end with her by my side. She and I talk about our lives and how much God leads us. A nice topic as the chemo treatment needs a good distraction some times. 


I actually spent most of my treatment thinking and praying for those in the path of Hurricane Laura. Praying for all to be safe and that she would not cause the predicted destruction. 


As for treatment, it ended with the now predictable rash. So I guess, I will always know that the chemo is at least flowing through the veins!  I talk about it being itchy but it is not like most rashes. This rash look more like I have a sunburn. However, it goes away quickly too. So it is not constant. My guess is that it lasts about 15-30 minutes before it passes. I get a break from the effect. It happens about 3-5 times a day for no rhyme or reason that I have been able to predict. And in my days off from chemo it might not even happen every day. 


I did have a little bit of drama with an upcoming scan that has been scheduled. I assumed when they did another scan my entire body would be reviewed. Turns out the only concern is for my liver. That would be fine but that is not the only cancer in my body so I thought the cancer in my bones should be checked also. Long story short... I will now at least have my spine checked along with my liver. It only makes sense as I am still having issues with my back. That CT scan will happen on September 8. 


The real concern of the day comes from my mom. She had her cardiologist appointment today. She had her first EKG...not bad for an almost 80 year old woman with high blood pressure. They wanted to do a stress test, but it was determined she needs to have a chemical version done. This is scheduled for the later part of September. Then she was asked to have a echo-cardiogram the first part of September. So she does have congestive heart failure and after the tests are completed she will follow up with cardiologist again. Please keep her in your prayers. 


We have God continues to care of us through our medical staff and the love and kindness of our family and friends. We cannot thank you all enough for your support. 


At the end of the day, we were all exhausted. We were so thankful for the meal provided. We ate dinner and still had one more appointment for the day for our Little Miss. We drew straws and I took her with my tag-along Sean to make sure I was good. It was nice to go and I spent the time talking to various people who also gave support. 


We got home in time for family prayers and we were all sleeping in no time. 


Praise be to God for his guidance in it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment