Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 16, 2020

Enjoying my Time as Butterfly Gramma

August 16 (Sunday) ... Not much to say health wise this last week. I am glad I waited a week to have the port as I was able to have a nice visit with Christina Henderson and Shane with the girls. They were able to stay for two full days as they head to their new port of duty. It is always a joy to hear the girls call me Butterfly Gramma. We were able to cook together and play games. Mainly we just spent a lot of time talking. I sure wish we could see each other more often. 


The week off from treatments was so much fun with the activities planned with them. We also had a surprise on Saturday for our little miss. So I felt like we were somewhat back to normal albeit with social distancing and masks. 


We spent our Sunday morning at Mass with Fr. Martin. We now have about 40 attending. We have doubled since last week, which is great for our new parish. However, I will have to decide if I will be forced to stay home again when my immune system is weak from chemo. I will still have week day Mass and televised Mass as needed. Father Martin is now praying for my healing at every Mass which is kind and generous. I mist say that it is quite humbling to hear my name mentioned for prayers of healing. Even knowing so many of you pray for me daily is beyond my understanding. Yet I am so thankful. 


Speaking of generosity, I am still amazed by all those who continue to bless us with food and monetary gifts. I had a friend bring a special broth soup to me on Saturday. One of Michael’s coworkers surprised us with a lasagna dinner last week. And going to the mailbox is a joy with all the surprise cards and boxes intermingled with the junk mail and bills. I display the cards in the windows of my sun room to remind me of all the love and prayers of my prayer warriors. 


I go in for my port placement Monday at noon. I am a little nervous but I know it will make things easier for the remainder of my treatments. 


I have the rest of the week to finalize any school supplies and planning. Then I have my fourth round of chemo starting the last week of August. 


The summer has zoomed by us like a roadrunner being chased by a coyote!!  Beep! Beep!  


Henry left for college on Saturday. And so begins the start of the fall semester on Monday.  I think I am ready for the routine of school and having the joy of teaching my crew again without the distraction of work. I just pray for the medical treatments to remain just as routine as they have been or at the least easily worked around. 


I end this post with a special request from my prayer warriors. In the last few days I become quite concerned. I ask that all my prayer warriors take a moment to say a special prayer for my amazing mom. She has been struggling with shortness of breath and swollen ankles this last two weeks. She finally was able to have phone call appointment with her doctor.  She had tests run last Friday and we are waiting on results. We are especially concerned about her heart. All prayers are appreciated. 


God bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment