Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 23, 2020

Another Great Family Visit

August 23 (Sunday)... today we went to Mass in person again. I was not sure if it was going to be possible, but after a restful day yesterday I woke up feeling better. I seem to have reactions to procedures around day 3. I broke out in a rash that was more of an annoyance than anything else but a little itchy too. It comes and goes which is really crazy. I still have the rash today but maybe I am getting used to it. 


But, I am glad I went to Mass. I love the Gospel reading for the day. I still get emotional when I hear the passage even though I have heard it many times. It makes me want to proclaim the message as Peter did, and so I will now...


    “But who do you say that I am?” 

Jesus...

    “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”

    (Matthew 16:13-20)


To add to this feeling of joy, Fr. Martin added in his homily a reflection on John 3 when Jesus asked if his Apostles would also leave him. 


I just feel that Jesus is never more open in his love for us (other than his Passion). The willingness to let his people walk away out of love for them to make their choice freely. He is offering himself to us even today and we choose to say yes or no of our own free will. Amazing love!!!


After this beautiful message, we left Mass to rush home and begin preparations for a family meal. We were having an early dinner because my oldest brother, Adrian, and his wife, Kasey, were going to join us for the afternoon. 


We enjoyed our time together...catching up on my treatments and mom’s doctor appointments. We also talked about schools and education plans all around (as both are teaching college classes starting tomorrow). Little Miss got a special gift and she was excited. But I got a gift from Adrian’s 3D printer also which makes me pretty happy too. Most of all it was just nice to enjoy time together. 


Spent the rest of the afternoon resting and playing cards. It was a nice day outside but I know that the week ahead is going to be a long one, so we stayed close to home. 


The fourth round of chemo begins tomorrow in the early morning. Also mom has her cardiologist appointment later this week. 


Add to that the final week of summer and preparation for our school to begin next week. I am getting tired already!  But also looking forward to it. 


Thanks for your continued prayers!  God bless to all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment