Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Finding Ways to Make it Work

August 4 (Tuesday)... After yesterday, I was determined to speak to a doctor before another treatment of chemo. Thankfully, my chemo nurse was determined also. Nurse Cindy called me early in the morning and asked what we were we going to do about this problem. I love my nurses!!  


So I told her I was just about to dial the phone when she called and I would let her know the plan as soon as possible. Then I called my radiologist who performed the procedure last week. It took a bit to get Dr. Brandon on the phone due to his busy schedule. However, he was very concerned and apologetic that I was in any pain or discomfort. He prescribed some meds to help with what now appears to be a reaction to the bandage adhesive. I have never had this problem before but I am told sensitivity can occur over time. It does appear to be more like a burn that then spreads across the area. Hopefully the meds will help relieve this issue. 


This conversation happened as I was being taken to my chemo treatment but I called Nurse Sweetie to let her know that chemo treatment could continue. She told me she was going to watch me close because she still had concerns about the reaction on my arms from previous day. Also, she had Nurse Practitioner on standby to talk to me as soon as I arrived. 


We all came together and determined the chemo treatment would continue and see if I reacted again. Nurse Sweetie stuck to her plan and watched me so close throughout the process. I only had a mild reaction that seems to be related to the steroids not the chemo treatment. So we will need to re-evaluate the amount I am given for the next round in three weeks. 


Also, I had a long conversation with the tech who started my IV. It is not looking good for my veins and I will likely have a port before the next round of treatments. I just need to make it through one more poke tomorrow to finish this round. I sure hope he will be there again for me tomorrow. 


While I was in chemo, my mom had decided to find a place for a late lunch. Turns out there is a little BBQ spot around the corner. She arrived after the rush and was able to have the place to herself. The owner even came out and talked with her while she enjoyed her meal. She was even given a hard to resist peach cobbler. She stayed long enough to avoid the hot car for most of my treatment. She told the owner she would be back in three weeks. He said that would be great!  Yay!!!


We were on our way home when we got the message that Lucy was bringing us dinner. The timing was perfect, as we arrived a minute before she pulled up to the house. Glad to give her the update of the day and chat about other things. 


I texted with another childhood friend today and so many memories flood back to those youthful joys and dreams. I think we did pretty well for ourselves being small town girls. Right, Cynthia?  We both are starting another year of teaching with concerns about what it will be like for our students but determined to make the changes needed to make it work. I pray special prayers every day for all the teachers across Texas and the nation. 


A restful evening before calling it a day, which ended with family prayers full of praise and thanksgiving. And also many prayers lifted up for my prayer warriors as we know that you all have needs too. Remember God loves you and is there for you. And know that I love you too!  


God bless you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment