Total Pageviews

Monday, September 14, 2020

Some Chemo Reflection Exalting the Cross

September 14 (Monday)... First day of chemo for this round went well. Really the same old same old for the first day. So nothing to be concerned about or changes. I continue to have the rash come and go. I continue to have neck pain that we hope to resolve with the back surgery. And I continue to have an upset stomach so I don’t eat as much (maybe that is not such a bad thing). 


My mom did not need to wait around because Nancy was kind enough to pick me up. We were so glad she could stay and enjoy dinner with us.   


Today is a traditional day to celebrate the Exaltation of the Cross. So we had a nice yet simple meal. My mom prepped and I was able to complete while we waited for Michael to arrive. We had a nice evening with food and conversation. We even had a simple dessert to end the meal!

  

Since I had time to reflect during chemo, I will share with you these verses and thoughts:

“Christ suffered for you,

and left you an example

to have you follow in his footsteps...

By his wounds, you were healed.”

1 Peter 2:21-24

and

“If then, we have died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him. We know that Christ, raised from the dead, dies no more; death no longer has power over him. As to his death, he died to sin once and for all; as to his life, he lives for God. Consequently, you too must think of yourselves as [being] dead to sin and living for God in Christ Jesus.”  Romans 6:8-11


So as I reflected on these verses for the day, I could not help but think about the suffering I now deal with each day. But also the others I see each day here in the chemo room. And even further, all the world suffering in just our daily lives. Think if we do not suffer in misery and depressed, but instead offer our sufferings to unite with Christ. 


Peter tells us that Christ gave us the example. He followed the will of the Father out of obedience. We are called to follow in his footsteps. So that leads me to believe that we must also follow the will of the Father by accepting the sufferings of our lives. Jesus did not go around upset and depressed and he knew how his life would end!  He lived his life full of joy and hope. He did this knowing he would die a horrific death to save us from our sins. 


The second passage also speaks of dying to sin and living for God. Paul is telling us to give up our selfish desires and think of others as God thinks of others. Just think of what a wonderful world we would live in should we live with this in mind. It would be like heaven on earth!

  

Thy kingdom come, Lord!  Amen!!  Alleluia!!  


“We should glory in the Cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, in whom is our salvation, life and resurrection, through whom we are saved and delivered.“ Galatians 6:14


🎶 Lift high the Cross, the love of Christ proclaim 

        till all the world adore his sacred name. 🎶

No comments:

Post a Comment