Total Pageviews

Monday, September 7, 2020

Etiquette Boot Camp

Update for the last week. Sorry I have not been on this last week. We spent last week getting back into a routine. We also had what I like to call Etiquette Boot Camp.  Maybe you can learn from our experience. 


Day 1:  I had everyone choose a partner and stand in front of them for five minutes without looking away. I told them that when we look another person in the eyes we should see Jesus. It did not matter how the other person acted toward us. We should remember that etiquette rules were about showing others respect, dignity and love. If we remember this there will be no question about how we treat others. We then discussed ways to assist others using the etiquette rules for phone calls and dining. 


Day 2:  This time everyone chose a partner and stood back to back for five minutes. They were encouraged to close their eyes and pray for their partner. I told them that the etiquette rules were designed for us to support each other. Just as we stood back to back and then in prayer, we are called to help each other.  Etiquette rules like opening a door or waiting before interrupting a conversation....these are all rules to support a person in need. 


Day 3. Now stand side by side your partner for five minutes. This is to show that we must walk side by side another person. The idea that the etiquette rules are in place to share in the experience of another. We can offer help better if we can experience the path of another. We should try to think about what it fees like to walk in their shoes. We then talked about the etiquette rules regarding conversations. 


It was a great way to start out the new school year.  It was very low key and little prep time needed. That was helpful because last week I started feeling bad. Not terrible. I just had this feeling like I had a stomach bug. By Thursday, I stopped wanting to eat and just tried to stay close to home. It never got really bad and I guess I have gone so long without much of this type of side effect that I just thought it would go away. Well I am hoping it will be over before I start another round. 


Today was our first day of school (pictures posted in my regular Fb feed). We had a good start. Hard to believe we have been doing this for 23 years. We were done with all subjects by 1pm. 


We normally would have waited until tomorrow to start but it was nice having Michael home on the first day to help. Also the rest of the week is going to be busy with a lot of things, so we needed this day to get in a full week of school. I am so glad we know the routine and the first week is a review. 


Tomorrow I have a CT scan so I am hoping for good results. 


I pray all of you are well. God bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment