Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Double Duty at the Cancer Clinic Today

 September 16 (Wednesday)...

What can I say?  Another round of chemo complete. Praise God!

  

I was able to complete the round multi-tasking through a bone scan too!  


I started out the day having my port accessed because that is what I was told was needed when the bone scan was ordered. Turns out I just needed the exercise of running up and down floors in the building. No harm done there...I need the exercise!  


Got down to lab for the administration of the contrast needed for the bone scan right on time. The nice tech, Marisa, said no port was needed and I grew concerned due to the last attempt at accessing a vein. She did not seem too concerned and I found out why as she stuck me quickly in the arm to give me the dose of contrast. I was so surprised that I did not have to think about it hurting. And it didn’t hurt a bit!  Marisa can stick me anytime!  Then she gave me a “get out chemo” and “no long waiting in line for scan” card, so I could return to her in three hours. 


Raced back up to the chemo room to get started with treatment. I was a little disappointed that Nurse Cindy would not have me today. But I was taken care of by Nurse Cherie and she did a great job!  She not only was a great nurse but she helped me stay hydrated so the contrast was able to run its course through my body. 


The only problem I had was the typical rash my body seems to use to relieve the body of excess chemo. And the added pain of my new allergy to adhesive. It is unfortunate and painful (my top layer of skin feels like it was burned around my port area) but it will heal. And we now know not to use the adhesive bandage after an access. 


The three hour treatment went by quickly and I was able to run back downstairs on time for the second part of the bone scan. Marisa was ready and waiting for me. I had my next opportunity to lay flat on my back but she covered me nicely with a warm blanket and I was able to pray in a meditative state with little effort. The full body bone scan was done in less than thirty minutes. Dr. Drengler should have the results by the next day. I will call and see what he says tomorrow. 


A good day ending this round of treatments. My prayer request for my prayer warriors is to find a way to get me on the schedule of a very busy neurosurgeon. If i need the back repair, I would rather have it sooner than later. 


Thank you all!  God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment