Total Pageviews

Friday, September 11, 2020

A Moving Experience All Around

September 11 (Friday)...

Because we went to sleep early it was easy to have everyone up by 0600 again and quickly having breakfast before heading across town to the new location. While we waited for house deals to be completed, we found a great way to pass the time. 


Geocaching, of course!  We had a great time exploring my brother’s new location one geocache at a time. We had actually been in this area in March before the pandemic had begun to shut everything down. So it was good to come back to this area again. He has a great neighborhood to enjoy!  


While we were driving around, I got a phone call from Dr. Drengler’s office. If you have not figured it out by now, he doesn’t want me to wait for anything!  He has me set up next week for round five of chemo treatments Monday through Wednesday. Then by the end of the week (not Friday because we already have plans for mom’s testing), he wants me to have a full body bone scan. And, he is really working to get me into see the neurosurgeon as soon as possible. I am supposed to hear from that office no later than Monday afternoon.  Also the genetic counseling should happen soon but not sure how I could possibly fit that in next week. We will see. So as you can see next week is going to be busy!!


I got off the phone just in time to hear my brother was finishing up and we planned to meet at his new house for lunch. Then the crew got busy unloading the truck. So proud of my energetic crew who were so willing to help out. We were done in record time!  We thought we were going to go out to eat and head home but I think we were all too tired to make the drive home. We decided to stay the night and we will head back in the morning. Besides it was a lot of fun to have half of my brothers together talking and laughing to want to leave. We really need to get together more often!  


One added side note about geocaching that I just have to share. I am a part of a geocaching community on Facebook. This last week the facilitator of the group has been promoting her new t shirt of the month subscription with daily challenges. There were prizes each day with a grand prize promised at the end of the week. Well, the idea was to share a different themed shirt each day and engage with the group after telling an interesting story. I had so much fun talking to fellow geocachers from across the United States and beyond all week.  


Each day I would listen in on her live feed and be happy for the daily winners. But yesterday we were finishing up the move and I missed the grand prize winner announcement. Turns out that winner was ME!!!  And the reason I was chosen is because I like to interact with the various people on the posts but also because she liked hearing about how much I enjoy our favorite pastime while fighting cancer!  


One person shared a shirt early in the week that read “Geocaching is my therapy” and I just felt that was a perfect saying and I used that idea in several of my posts to others struggling with similar issues. Because it really is one of my motivators to get out of the house with our crew and have fun. Also there were so many like minded people this week who just want to enjoy life that it was a joy to chat with them. 


Anyway, I won the prize and I was so excited to end the week of challenges with the grand prize. Also, that many more people praying for me and rooting me on to be better!  It was nice way to end the week. 


So I have the weekend to rest and prepare for the week to come. I am looking forward to resting closer to home. Thanks for all the messages after my scan report. Some private messages I received showed concern that I was upset. I guess I was a little down after the visit with Dr. Drengler but I guess I always want to be the overachiever. I got my pity party over with quickly and then my mom and Michael reminded me how much I have improved since April. I was reminded that have much to be thankful and I really have improved. So, I march on into the battle for another round. 


God bless you all for your support and prayers. Your messages of encouragement mean so much to me. I feel like I have an army of warriors surrounding me as I go into the next phase of treatments.

No comments:

Post a Comment