Total Pageviews

Friday, September 18, 2020

A Rough Morning for Mom

September 18 (Friday)... I wanted to give an update for all those who are praying for my mom. I took her to have her chemical stress test early this morning. We do not have her results nut she made it through the test a little nauseous and light headed, but otherwise she felt all went well. We were not told how long the test would take and a quick search on line had us thinking it would be an hour long test. It turned out to be a three hour test that was delayed an hour. So this made for a long morning. She was glad to be home again when all was complete. 


I was glad to be able to take her to the test. And while I waited I ran an errand that was well over due. My brother Adrian and I were talking about my desire to find a cedar chest for Amanda. It turns out Adrian is really good at finding good deals and he had one tracked down in San Antonio before our conversation was over!  That was earlier in the week and we saw that it was close to mom’s fest location, so I took a chance the chest would still be available at the end of the week. I arrived to find that the chest was even more beautiful than the pictures. And the man at the store knew it was meant for me and lowered the price. I now have the joy of being able to fill it with her special items we have kept over the years. Praying that one day I will be able to share it with Amanda in person. 


I was able to pick up the chest and take it home. I encouraged Michael and the crew to complete their tasks (more on that in a different post) before heading back to mom. Thankfully, I thought to grab some lunch before heading back to wait in the parking lot. Also it was a nice breezy day so with the windows rolled down I was able to enjoy my wait for mom. 


I was so glad to see her walk out of the clinic!  Even with the busy morning, I just wanted to know she had made it through that test without any problems. And a big thank you to all who were praying for her and all who called to check on her in the afternoon. I know she appreciated both. One more hurdle complete to determine what the plan if action will be to keep her healthy. 


God bless to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment