Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 1, 2020

Zooming to the Saints

November 1 (Sunday)....weekend update


Friday I had an interesting encounter. My mom and I had just made it home from going to church and shopping. I was unloading the back of the vehicle when a young couple walked up. They looked familiar but I was not sure. Then I realized that they were the couple we hired to help build my sun room!  I had not seen them in almost two years!  They asked how we were doing and i told them about my cancer. I also told them how important the sun room had been in my recovery, especially during the early days.  


The woman told me that she was diagnosed with cervical cancer right after they helped with the sun room. She had almost all her cervix removed and the doctors told her she would never have more children. Her husband said that could not be right because he knew God wanted them to have another daughter. A year ago, she went to the doctor telling him she thought she was pregnant but the doctor insisted she was wrong. The couple begged the doctor for an ultrasound. Not only did they find that she was pregnant but her cervix was completely healed. They now have another beautiful daughter!!!  They told me to never doubt God’s ability to heal. Such an amazing witness to God’s love!!  God is good!!


Our Saturday was restful  ....just sitting around the house. It drove me a little crazy because it was such a beautiful day. However, it was the right choice because today was such a full day. 


Sunday morning, we woke up with an extra hour to enjoy because we woke up and rushed around before realizing no one had set the clocks back. We went to Mass and celebrated all the saints, the Holy Ones named and unnamed, who rejoice in heaven with God. Fr. Martin spoke of the communion of saints and how we are called to be with them.  


We are known as the Church Militant here on earth...not because we are fighting but because we are striving for a life that follows God’s will. The only battle is within ourselves!   God is merciful and loving...he wants us to be with him. 


And so we celebrate the saints for their example they give us by living for Christ. And we did not fall short today. We celebrated with a Zoom party. I made up bags with prizes, game supplies, food and treats!  We gave them out to all the families. Then we had the best little Zoom party with so many sweeties all dressed up like their favorite saints or those not dressed up told about their favorite. It was so nice. Not quite the same as in person party but we had fun nonetheless.

 

To add to our busy day, we also had a 4-H get together. We stayed for a short time to talk about starting a wildlife project. I also talked to some ladies about how crazy blessed I feel with cancer. I nice evening with several families albeit short, mainly because I did not feel comfortable in such a big group setting. 


Then we were home again to relax a little before prayer and bed.


The week starts with a bang..,8am appointment for a brain MRI and full pet scan. Then an x-ray of my back and lab work. There is rumor I have chemo in the afternoon but I think that is a mistake. We will see when I get there. 


Keep up the prayers. I pray for you as well. God bless you!!!


COMMENTS

Angie Fischer Artho

What an amazing testimony of healing from that couple! How wonderful that they were able to share it with you. Surely that was God's work in that little casual meeting. Prayers and hugs for you today as you go through all the testing.


COMMENTS

Angie Fischer Artho

What an amazing testimony of healing from that couple! How wonderful that they were able to share it with you. Surely that was God's work in that little casual meeting. Prayers and hugs for you today as you go through all the testing.



No comments:

Post a Comment