Total Pageviews

Friday, November 20, 2020

Not the Best of Plans But Willing to Try

November 20 (Friday)...

So...it seems like everything happened all at once late this afternoon. I was on the phone with one person after another to set up the schedule for my new plan. It looks like we got everything crammed into one day next Monday. 


I will now be taking more medicine in two weeks then I have in my entire life up until now!  Some of the pills have to be taken with food, while others must be taken on an empty stomach. All the pills must be taken twice a day. The medicine will continue for two weeks followed by a two week recovery period. I repeat this schedule of medication for three months. And whatever happens may effect me the same as my previous treatment or the side effects may be completely different. 


Add to this new regime, I also will need a monthly visit to the center to hook up with a bone strengthening medication via an IV.  And a hormone repressive shot given in my abdomen. 


As if that was not enough fun for my Monday afternoon, my radiologist found out I had a little extra time in the morning. Haha!  So, I am scheduled to have a new face mask made for my brain radiation. This includes a CT scan to line up my body markings (tattoos) for the next step in that process. If all goes well with that, then i will likely have the radiation on my brain tumor next Thursday. 


Hmmm...reading over this post before sending it out to you...I sound kind of whiny. I hope you don’t see it that way too. I think it is just all so new to me and I am not used to all this medication and care. I also want to document all that is happening so I can keep track of the changes in treatment. I really do feel blessed to have doctors who know what to do to care for me. I go in ready to get the job done.  


Thank you all for the continued prayers. God bless you!


COMMENTS

Bette Drewry Bittner

NOT whiny. This is a huge journey. And strangely complicated at times, right?

You're amazing!


Amy Minke

Not whiny... just reporting. Now we know how to pray for you.


Kimberly Kocmoud

You don’t sound whiny at all and I even hear a laugh when you wrote about the radiologist finding out you had a little time “open” in the morning. Praying blessings and healing over you!


Angie Fischer Artho

Not whiny at all! I remember telling mom's nurse one time that all the treatments were like having a full time job! Next week my kitchen *should* be functional again and I'd love to bring y'all a meal from our newly remodeled (and dry! Lol) space.


Brenda Mark

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Always. This journey has many aspects. Your courage and Faith is an amazing testimony

No comments:

Post a Comment