Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Top Five Other Stuff of the Week

We had a nice day going to church for the first time with Zaira and showing her to our extended family in Christ today.  Then came home to enjoy the company of two of Michael's Army buddies.  Yes, the same ones who tried to join us at the birth...LOL!  We even had a fellow beekeeper (Marie) come to help us with a much needed bee hive inspection.  Then more company as the evening progressed.  A joyful day of celebration!

I thought I would wrap up some of the events from last week that I did have the joy of blogging about due to obvious distractions!  LOL...these are just some tidbits that I thought would be good to remember later and maybe for you to enjoy as well.

What better way to do this then a top 5 list!  I might even use this format again when the week gets away from me.  So, here it goes building up to the most important of the events not discussed in other blog posts.

#5
I was able to promote two of my favorite youth programs at the Back to School Night (even though I did not attend) via my good friend Renee!

The first program is Math Counts.  MATHCOUNTS heightens student interest in mathematics by making math achievement challenging and exciting. Logic based math curriculum with higher level thinking skills based on core knowledge for grades 5-8.

The second program is Young Eagles.  The EAA Young Eagles program was launched in 1992 to give interested young people, ages 8 - 17, an opportunity to go flying in a general aviation airplane. These flights are offered free of charge and are made possible through the generosity of EAA member volunteers. 

There was also a third opportunity that I am hoping will work out with Henry's art teacher.  He was interested in teaching a group class throughout the year if there was enough interest.  So I had a sign up sheet for this as well.  

#4
Signed our boys up for a special camp taking place this fall...shhhh...it's a secret that we won't share until November!

#3
I got the boys school books together for the new school year.  Even though we won't start school until the day after Labor Day, it is nice to know we will be ready!

#2
I saw the great affects of prayer!  I forgot to mention in my blog about the first day of labor.  I went to our local Dominican monastery to ask for the intercession of St Dominic and his nuns.  I figured who better to ask on his feast day.  So I prayed some prayers for assistance and left a note for the nuns to pray.  And as you know the rest of the story...God heard the prayers of his saint and His church militant in the little walls of grace found in the woods of East Texas!

#1
This was the best part of the week for me!  I was able to find someone dedicated to the pro-life movement willing to lead the fall 40 Days for Life Campaign.  I have led this campaign for several years but could not do it this year.  I was so glad to have Pastor Monterestelli agree to taking on this project.  He has already started working on the events for the 40 Days for Life.  I will still be working behind the scenes and praying at Planned Parenthood but not the lead.  So thankful for answered prayers!  To find out more about 40 Days for Life check out this link!



 



he 


No comments:

Post a Comment