Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Ready for Baby!





Well, Michael made it home from his Army trip.  Now we are officially ready for the baby to come.  House is as clean as it ever will be with children running around LIVING as they should.  I have a stack of clean clothes, diapers, and other stuff all set out and ready.

For those of you who do not know, we have been having our babies at home for a while now.  If all goes as planned, this will be our second blessing born in this house.  I have a wonderful mid-wife who is prepared to travel about 2 hours to to get to me once I am in labor.

With Brendan, I was able to use our big garden tub to give birth and it was a wonderful experience.  I was having some back pain but once I got into the tub the pressure was relieved and I did not have any trouble at all.  When I spoke to my ObGyn later, she told me that water births are as good as an epidural to relieve pain.  I believe it because I really felt great and hope that I can have that same experience this time.

Some people ask what you need to have a home birth.  It really is not that different from a hospital birth.  I still need to have the usual supply of diapers and such for baby.  The only real difference is having old towels, sheets and the supplies that the hospital would normally provide for mom and baby after the birth.  The midwife brings her supplies that are needed just as a doctor would.

Others ask me if I am worried about things going wrong.  What I usually tell them is that there are usually warning signs of problems ahead of time.  I have a very good midwife who has many years of experience.  I am not worried about anything happening but if something did happen, we are within 10 minutes of a hospital and she would take me there for assistance.  Also, I think that most women have little need for the 'modern day' conveniences of a hospital.  This is baby number six, so I am confident that all will go as it should.

What will we do with the boys?  That is the next big question asked.  We have talked about it several times and they have no desire to be here while I am in labor.  So, we have several friends who have asked to be called when I go into labor.  The boys will be close by and will be here to greet their new sibling soon after the birth.

So, now we wait patiently.  The boys are all excited.  Michael and I are thinking of all the ways this could begin.  Michael said he even had a dream about the birth.  No such revelations for me!  LOL...I am just taking it nice and slow and waiting for the signs of labor.  God and baby have the timing and there is not much I can do about it.

Hoping all my praying friends will take a minute to ask God for a safe delivery and a healthy baby.


No comments:

Post a Comment