Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Danny the Tile Guy

Bright and early this morning...but long after my crew woke up for the day...Danny the Tile Guy showed up to get started on our tile base for the shower.  Before he was here half an hour...we had worked a deal for him to do the entire job.

I have tiled many floors in the last 20 years and I really like doing the job, but I am so busy these days and I really wanted this to be done before Michael got home.  Danny worked a good deal for us and so I feel pretty good about spending the extra money to let him get the job in two days that would have taken me two weeks.  Besides...after all the hassle getting the job done by several helpers and myself...I think we will come out ahead in this remodel.  It is always good to be able to get a job done right and spend less doing it!  And I won't even need to get my finger nails dirty with that awful grout.  

AND...Danny told me he would show me how he grouts tile which I have never been any good at this!  So...tomorrow I get to learn from a professional!  Since my mom is already talking about tiling her entire house, maybe this will be helpful for her project!

One other thing about having a professional do our tile work...I learn the value of all the tile jobs we have done in the past houses.  I feel pretty good knowing that we were able to successfully complete those jobs and save ourselves a lot of money.  And in those days we could not afford to hire any one.  SO...this is also a way to remember how blessed we are to LET someone else do this job for us.

I told Michael I was not going to put any pictures up because it would be a surprise for when he gets home IN JUST FIVE DAYS!!!!....but I cannot resist giving a sneak peak!  More pictures later when the bathroom is complete....hopefully by the middle of July as we are waiting for the counter top to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment