Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Camping...Are You Kidding?

The girls were determined...I think they are crazy!  Amanda packed the things they would need while Christina was at work last night.  Then this morning Amanda and Christina got up early to get it all in the van.  I tried to convince them to wait for a later time but they said they were ready and still very excited about the trip.

So after a morning of fun at the library "Touch a Truck"
event, we were off to Caddo Lake State Park.  Now...I think I am the crazy one...I did not look at a map to see the distance and ended up way further north than I thought we were going!  But we got there and helped the girls get their tent set up before leaving them.

I also got them to promise to meet up with the camp hosts so they had quick help if needed.  AND...then as I was driving off...I was reminded of a new reality TV show...two people left to survive in the wild with nothing...not even the clothes on their backs...except they are allowed to choose ONE personal item.  So...I turned back to the girls and asked them what their item would be...

Amanda holds up her cell phone...and Christina holds up a 10-dollar bill...LOL!  So thankful they could have more than that for the next 3 days.

Oh...and I did promise that I would pick them up earlier if they realized that sleeping on the hard ground was too much after their recent ordeal!  We will see how they do...being the stubborn and determined girls that they are...I guess I will see them Thursday afternoon!  Say a prayer with me that they are safe and have a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment