Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Bathroom Remodel Continues

This last week the girls worked extra hard to help me get the wallpaper off the walls.  If I have not mentioned it...I HATE wallpaper!  I would never put this up on a wall myself and hate that others have done this to my house.  I have yet to figure out the appeal as it is so hard to change and hard to clean.  It becomes out of date quickly and dirty.  And for me so hard to remove!!!  I have tried all the tricks but it just does not come off without a lot of elbow grease!  I am so thankful that Amanda and Katy helped this week to finish up the job Christina and I began a few weeks ago.

 Then enters Steve and Ginger...a great duo who work well together....a friend of a friend who can only come out on weekends but is willing to do what I cannot with the remodel job.  This turned out to be a great combination for both of us.  I look forward to working with them over the next month (or less please Lord!!!).



They arrived bright and early this morning and did not stop working until lunch break.  They truly had a plan of action to get as much work done as possible.  The bathroom shower, counter top and tub tile was gone within a couple of hours.  Ginger was right behind Steve working hard to assist him and clean as the job continued through the morning.

We then met at our favorite home improvement store to inspect the counter top that had been ordered.  There was a big problem with the counter...it was not the correct measurement and had a back splash.  I understand that mistakes can be made but this was not going to be good as it would not work with the plans we had made for the cabinet and did not fit the depth of the cabinet.  It would need to be reordered and I hope give n top priority to rush the delivery.  Of course, just because I want it does not make it so...we will just need to wait and see what happens.

We were able to purchase a few other items and we were back home to work on installing some of the new items.  Unfortunately, the lack of counter top cuts the project in half and decided to take a break.  I will continue to try to speed the process along on Monday.

The other big difficulty was the LARGE hole in the cement foundation under the newly removed shower stall. I had a feeling it was not going to be good but never expected this trouble.  I will have our local plumber look at this on Monday morning.

The only other challenge was with rewiring the lighting, but we knew this going in and all went well with the electrical work considering how wrong the wiring was in the beginning.



No comments:

Post a Comment