Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Danny Brings a Helper

Well...we will not be able to get the entire bathroom complete before Michael gets home (thanks to the wrong counter top being ordered!) but we did get the tile job completed today.

Danny arrived this morning before we headed to church with his daughter Kaleigh.  He told me she was an expert with tile who loved to grout!  So while he completed the laying of the tile...she worked on grouting the area.

The main boss for Danny came by to pick up the supply trailer...he is the one who originally came to make a bid.  He said he just had to come look at the way the job turned out.  Danny would later tell me that Billy did not like the idea when I showed him what I wanted to use; however, he really liked the finished product.  I knew it would look good...I am so glad I finally get to see it in reality.

We did have a slight snag i
n the job!  Danny started to piece the floor in the shower and on the outer part of the floor and determined that he was going to be short ONE TILE!!!!  I had to race back to the store for the tile...actually I will need some of this later as I am using it for the back splash behind the counter sinks.

It was a long day for them but it was done and all is good!  And...it looks awesome! I cannot wait to show it to Michael...here is another quick peek before showing the completed job later this month.

Oh...I also need to figure out how to replace the grout line for one of the old tiles on the wall!  I am not sure how that is going to happen, but trust that it will all come together soon.  Does anyone have any white grout sitting around?

No comments:

Post a Comment